We love wood because it is a natural material so it always has various markings that show up on our products making each unique. Grimm's toys are one of a kind, carrying unique marks made by nature.
This wonderful wooden rainbow by Grimm's, Spiel and Holz Design is hand crafted in Europe. They base the development of their toys on the philosophy of Waldorf Education. Their wooden toys are designed to help children discover and develop their own creativity and sensory awareness with products that want to be touched again and again which communicate their credo: Joy through colour!
These gorgeous toys are made using alder, lime, maple and cherry wood. Wood is natural, regenerative and stimulates the senses. It has texture, sounds different and smells good. Bacteria cannot reproduce on wood. This all is not true for plastic or metal. All dyes used are water based and are non toxic, as is the natural oil used.
- Dimensions (Approx) 36cm x 17cm approx 2kg
Please note due to the weight of the rainbows these can not be shipped by Royal Mails Special Delivery option.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE PROCEEDING WITH YOUR PURCHASE:
The following are normal characteristics of the Grimm's Rainbow, and are not considered a fault. Please consider these careful before purchasing:
- It is normal for the bows to be varying widths, some may be thicker than others, and some bows may vary in width over the length of the bow.
- Visible grain and knots and both normal characteristic of the rainbow which are cut from a single slice of tree truck. Sometimes the natural grain can be dark and patchy in areas.
- It is normal for the colour staining to have variatons, on the inside centre of the rainbow there is often less staining, and there can be areas where the natural oils in the wood cause a speckled or patchy affect to the staining.
- Grimm's use a stain on their wooden toys rather than a lacquer - it is normal for some colour transfer to occuer during play. Non-lacquered wood has a lovely texture - the rough texture of the stained woode is not only an important tactile sensory experience for children, but those rough surfaces make it possible to build in more ways, because the parts do not slide down so easily as the wood surface is still natural and not covered with a layer of enamel; however if you are concerned about paint transfer we suggest you purchase an item that is lacquered to be on the safe side.
Sven Grimm, Owner, Grimm's Speil and Holz
"We love wood because it is a natural material so it always has various markings that show up on our products making each one unique. Grimm's toys are always one of a kind, carrying unique marks made by nature. Wood grain has changing structures and colours which serve as proof of its natural origins. The unique variations are proof of quality, not defects. Discover the markings that make your Grimm's toy Simply Unique!"
You Might Also Like
Grimm's Semi Circles - Rainbow
Out of stock
This wonderful Rainbow Semi Circles by Grimm's Spiel and Holz opens up a myriad of imaginative play opportunities.
Grimm's Set of Wooden Balls - Rainbow
You may be surprised at the endless number of ways your child will play with this delightfully simple toy: use them to fill boxes, roll them, practice counting & sorting, use them like giant marbles.
Grimm's 12 Rainbow Friends
12 Rainbow Friends (one for each month). Perfect for a perpetual calendar by combining with the 12 hole Birthday ring. You can style the peg dolls with cloth or tape.