Ambrosius, from Transylvania, Romania, is a manufacturing team of talented and hard working ladies who spend many hours of work to hand make with patience and love every single doll that you will see on this website.
The project was born in 1996 after an extensive collaboration between Mrs. Katalin Poszony, the owner of Ambrosius, and the Waldorf School in Cluj-Napoca. The result is an adorable eco-friendly doll handcrafted out of renewable materials like wool felt, wool and wood which replicates a certain flower or fruit and is meant for both decorative and educational. All of these high-quality dolls are entirely handmade; Ambrosius is one of the few Romanian companies that proudly offers work-at-home opportunities for mothers with young children, retired persons and persons with disabilities. A part of the firm’s profit is donated to the local Waldorf school and also to support education in some of the poorer villages of Transylvania.
Romania is the country with the lowest income per family in the E.U., averaging $700 a month. When you buy an Eco Flower Fairy, you support a business that helps
* a dedicated mother with young children to secure her work from home
* a retired lady to stop worrying that her small pension won't pay for all of her bills
* a talented person with disabilities to proudly have a worthy job
* the Waldorf School in Cluj-Napoca to continue its art classes
* a school in a poor Transylvanian village to have warmer classrooms in wintertime.
Please note, these are for decorative purposes only, and are not suitable as toys. Not suitable for children under 3 years.